The holiday season gets more busy and stressful every year. Marketers want you to believe money can buy happiness, if not your own happiness then the happiness of your loved ones.
“…luxury is not a requirement for well-being… I am convinced that healthy relationships are the real ‘stuff’ of human happiness.”– James A Roberts, author of “Shiny Objects: Why We Spend Money We Don’t Have in Search of Happiness We Can’t Buy”
I came across this quote in a book review. It couldn’t be more timely. Healthy relationships are the stuff of human happiness.
Make the time and create the space to connect with the friends and family you love most
- Carve out time for a quiet cup of hot cocoa and real connection.
- Steal time from the big festivities and share an enjoyable afternoon or at-home evening with your immediate family or “family of friends.”
In the spirit of the holidays and to help you strengthen your bonds of affection with the people you love, here are links to 3 articles to help you de-stress and have more fun:
- Tips for lighting the holiday table for a calm and intimate meal
- A list of simple fun things to do with family and friends
- Katherine Hepburn’s best-ever-easy-no-fail brownie recipe – guaranteed to get raves.