Feng Shui Prevents Winter Doldrums Creating Balance with Nature and the Seasons.
Prevent Winter Doldrums, Now. Before the Hectic Holiday Season Starts.
How do you survive winter with spirits and sanity intact? Nesting.
Autumn is the time when wild critters prepare for winter hibernation. You may not stock up on nuts or want to add an insulating layer of fat to your body, but you can prepare your home nest to give you comfort and coziness.
- Conquer the dreary days of winter with the wise use of light.
- Stay connected to the beauties of Nature.
- Snuggle into your nest with attractive accents.
- Create moments of connection with family and friends…and your creative self.
Results: Contented smiles all around.
4 Ways to Make Your Home a Nurturing Nest for Body, Mind and Spirit:
1. Lighting – Light is a form of Chi energy. Check the function, wattage and placement of lamps. Lamps near where you sit, gather and work will welcome family and friends while energizing you and your activities.
2. Windows – Nature is rich with balancing Chi. When it is cold outside you will be connecting with Nature from the inside. Make sure you have comfortable views of Nature.
- Clean windows
- Window treatments that pull back or up to open your views of nature and access natural light.
- Position a comfortable chair to enjoy your favorite view: your garden, your neighborhood, the sky.
3. Throws and pillows – Color and texture have Chi energy.
- Set up your seating for coziness and snuggling.
- Freshen you throw blankets and accent pillows: wash, dry clean, buy.
- Arrange them for appearance and comfort. (Make sure there is enough room on the chair for the pillows and you.)
4. Alternatives to Television – Nourish your Chi energy. Farmers of old didn’t spend their winters watching TV (no electricity). They would prepare for the Spring by repairing their tools and farm implements. Farmwives make clothes and functional and decorative items for their families and their homes.
You can set up your home for:
- Reading – books, eBooks and audiobooks
- Games – board and card games
- Handcrafts – knitting, felting, needlework
- Larger craft projects – painting, mosaics, collaging
- DIY projects to improve your home
☑ Winterize your car,
☑ Winterize your house, Now
☐ Winterize your Spirit.
How do you prepare your home nest for winter? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Plan Ahead. Prevent Winter Doldrums, Today
☐ Contact Linda for a consultation on how to make the most of your home. Before the Holiday craziness begins.
image: Marilyn Peddle